The First National Bank in Trinidad is a community-oriented bank that has
built its' business around it's customers and employees. We believe the
secret behind the success of the bank is service-oriented, hardworking,
dedicated and loyal employees. We look for certain core competencies which
include being genuinely caring for people, being efficient, and having a desire
to be an active part of a successful team.
This position works under the bank's IT Manager to deliver technology resources that drive
bank operations and retail platforms. Primary responsibility is to take the lead role in managing the end-user
computing experience including workstations and related servers. A suitable candidate would expect to encounter a wide
array of technologies and the need to continually self-educate on current and planned technologies for the production
environment. Starting salary is $44k or higher plus benefits depending on knowledge and experience with potential for growth
limited only by your motivation to do so.
- Technical support of the bank's IT operations including the client/server environment, software applications
and hardware infrastructure.
- Provides customer support to bank employees and participates in Internet banking operations and support
- Communication and interaction with bank customers, vendor service providers, and functional peer group verbally and
through electronic means to gain cooperation of others, seek or distribute or coordinate information, and to report.
- Produce documentation relating to work performed, system configurations, business continuity procedures, etc.
- Serves as a member of the IT on-call/alert response team.
- Maintain a familiarity with systems managed by the lead technician to ensure cross training.
Specific Technologies Involved
- Windows Server 2003/2008 R2
- Windows 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services
- Windows XP, Windows 7
- VMware vSphere 5 including ESXi, vCenter Server, and View
- Various Linux distributions
Required Minimum Skillsets
- 3+ years experience with Windows client/server support using Windows XP or higher and Server 2003 or higher
- 3+ years experience with IP networking including routing and switching concepts
- Familiar with server class hardware
- Ability to solve problems quickly with logical troubleshooting procedures
- Motivated, self-educator that continually seeks out learning resources and quickly applies new knowledge
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and broad experience in interacting successfully with both
technical and non-technical people
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Ability to ensure project schedules and performance requirements are met
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks under pressure
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts
- Understands principles of IP routing and switching
Non-required, Desirable Skillsets
- Experience with VMware vSphere 5 components including vCenter Server, ESXi, and View or other virtualization systems
and virtual desktop infrastructures
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with WAN Virtualization
- Experience with firewall, IPS, NG firewall
Application Deadline: open until filled
Please email your resume to Mike Babnick, IT Manager or call him at